Contact Information: AME Race Department
Phone: (904) 610-0197
Pre-register at www.ameminicross.com to secure your race number. Pre-registration deadline is the Friday prior to the event.
Post entries will be accepted until the start of practice on the day of the event.
AME MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED TO RACE . https://ameminicross.com/membership-form/
Rider must be age and skill appropriate for the class that he/she is entering.
Rider must have correct safety gear, including but not limited to long sleeve jersey, helmet, boots and goggles.
Rider must attend riders meeting.
Birth certificate (original certified copy) or Pass Port required upon request from all participants.
Parent or Guardian must sign all releases and remain at the race track with the minor participant all day.
Parent or Guardian must present a valid driver’s license or photo id upon request.
Age is based on January 1st 2019
Age for vet non pro class is 30+
Pre-registered riders have race number preference.
On-site registration numbers are on a first come first served
basis. Rider must have a number on all three plates.
Bike Specifications & Classes:
FIRST TIMER,BEGINNER AND JUNIOR CLASSES:
RACE DIRECTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADVANCE ANY RIDER AT ANY TIME TO A HIGHER CLASSIFICATION.
First timer class :This class is for riders racing for the first time in the 51cc and 65 cc class. Rider exemptions may be given by race director based on age or riders skill level at the time of the event. Rider will move up to beginner class after scoring 2 consecutive wins ……. ( 51cc Pw class exempt from move up) Rider will take 80% of his points to the beginner class. Top 3 series finishers must move to the beginner or age classes.
Beginner class: Reserved for riders with less than 6 months racing experience in that displacement class. Riders scoring 2 consecutive wins will be moved to novice class and will take 80% of his points to that age group class. Rider exemptions may be given by race director based on age or riders skill level at the time of the event. Top 3 series finishers must move to the junior or age classes.
Ex: rider has raced 51 cc for past year and had moved to higher 65cc displacement.
Rider will be permitted to race 65cc beginner class.
Junior class : riders racing 1 year or less that are not ready for age group class. Riders scoring 2 consecutive wins will be moved to age group class and will take 80% of his points to that age group class. Rider exemptions may be given by race director based on rider age or skill level at the time of the event. Top 3 finishers in junior class by series end must move to age group classes.
- 80 over standard OEM bore maximum for all 65cc and 85cc classes.
- all 51 modified classes will be allowed 61cc bore and stroke
- Must retain standard OEM wheel size ( big wheels permitted in the 85cc open ,85 novice, 85 beginner classes)
- Standard OEM frame.
All other changes permitted.
Super Mini Bike # 1 – #2 Specifications:
- 112 cc maximum.
- 150 cc 4-Stroke Honda permitted.
- Standard OEM super-mini wheel size
- Standard OEM frame.
Honda CRF 50, and Suzuki JR 50 are eligible for all pw classes.
CRF 70 will be permitted in all 65cc classes.
150 cc –4 Stroke Honda permitted in all 85cc classes including Super Mini
SMALLER DISPLACEMENT BIKES WILL BE PERMITTED TO RACE IN LARGER DISPLACEMENT CLASSES
( example 51 cc bike can race in 65cc class or 65 cc bike can race in 85cc)
Suspension may be changed or modified but must fit in the oem frame mounts. No modified frames will be permitted.
Respect the people around you, including but not limited to riders and their families, medical staff, AME Officials and flaggers. Foul language and disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated.
- Never cross the track while riders are on the track.
- Pick up all trash in pit area and on the race track.
- Trash must be disposed of in approved containers.
- Do not walk around or near heavy equipment.
- No open toe shoes or crutches allowed on the track.
- Drones are prohibited at all times.
- No dumping of fuel, motor oil, grey or black water.
- No riding of any motorized vehicle in the minicross pit
- Pets must be on a leash or properly contained.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
All riders, mechanics, parents and people associated with the rider must not consume intoxicants or drugs that could affect their normal mental or physical ability or cause them to become harmful to the event.
Anyone found in violation of this policy is subject to immediate disqualification from the event.
- Only riders officially entered are allowed on the race track.
- Any rider observed by an AME Official, cutting the track to re-run section during practice will be given last gate pick.
- Any rider intentionally stopping on the track without a mechanical problem will be given last gate pick.
- No rider may ride in the wrong direction on the track.
- All repairs on the motorcycle must be done in the designated mechanics area.
- Outside assistance, of any kind, is forbidden on the track, Exception, AME Officials or flaggers.
- Riders going off the track must re-enter at the safest point possible without cutting off entire sections of the track. If a rider gains position or advantages by while off the track he will be docked 5 positions.
- No rider may ride in a manner to endanger another rider. The penalty is disqualification.
* pushing riders off start line in All 51 cc classes strictly forbidden ! All rider crew must be completely off the metal grate when the 15 second board is raised. Penalty for violation of these rules is disqualification from that race.
- Riders not at the start grid when called for staging will be given last gate pick.
- Only one rider and one mechanic allowed in the staging and starting area.
- Riders will be centered behind gate grid.
- After a rider picks his/her gate position it cannot be changed.
- Tools to prep behind the gate are permitted.
- Prep is allowed a maximum of 10’ from the starting gate
- Bikes with mechanical issues before the start of the staged race will be ineligible to compete in that race.
- Main event gate pick will be determined by the heat race finish.
- Start blocks permited
Flags: Checkered Flag –race is complete
White Flag –courtesy flag indicating that there is one lap
Yellow Flag –Caution must reduce speed. No passing. Riders passing during yellow flag are subject to position penalty.
Red Flag: Race is stopped
If red flag is given and half the assigned laps have been completed the race will be scored as complete.
Red Cross flag::
Rider must roll all obstacles when Red Cross flag is displayed until the incident is cleared ( wheels on the ground ) 5 position penalty for jumping on Red Cross flag
Riders must ride their designated practice to be eligible to compete in the days events.
Riders will draw pins for Heat race gate pick ( moto 1 ) main event gate pick (final moto) is based on heat race finish.
Final event scoreand points is based on main event finish
1st – 25 points, 2nd– 22, 3rd – 20, 4th – 18, 5th – 16, 6th – 15, 7th – 14, 8th –
13, 9th 12, 10th – 11, 11th & down – 10 points.
BEST 5 /6 RACES COUNT TOWARDS OVER ALL SERIES FINAL RESULT
- Falsifying age, ability or name.
- Offering bribes to officials.
- Engaging in any unfair practice, behavior or action that is detrimental to the sport of MiniCross.
- Any Physical or Verbal altercation with an AME Official or other persons at the event.
- Refusal to submit to a mechanical inspection.
- Receiving outside assistance.
- Riding in a manner to endanger another competitor.
- Violent or aggressive behavior by rider or crew will not be tolerated and any physical or verbal attack on another rider or crew will lead to immediate disqualification from the days event.
- PIT RIDING : there is no riding motorcycles in the pit area once the event begins ! First offense you get last gate pick for your next moto !second offense is disqualification from the days event.
All protest must be made in writing to an AME Official.
$100 fee FOR first timer and beginner classes eligibility protests
MUST HAVE PROOF RIDER IS RACING OUT OF CLASS.
$100.00 fee for age protests
$300 displacement protests
AME will retain all fees paid. Fees payable by cash only.